Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Kylie's Rescue Story

Now that Kylie has been officially introduced to the blogging community I figure now is as good a time to tell you her story. She is from Arkansas and was rescued by Darlene from P.S I Love You Animal Rescue, the same rescue Trinity came from. Here is the Facebook post that she wrote a week after rescuing her.  (Little Bit is Kylie and Annabell was the dog she was found with)

Ok I went to visit the two abandoned dogs that begged me to take them Friday while I was out at the lake looking for the year old pup Daisy, with her paw hurt...didn't find her but two other dogs were dumped and in very sad shape. A thunder storm was coming...though scared they reached out to trust the only people who were there...took food from my hand and because I had no place to take them, started to leave, to regroup and think about how we might help them...someone said they would give food to them....but they started whining and begging to get into the van. Dog down there do not last a week. Lil Bit shook so hard, had a cherry eye and was dirty...Annabelle though collie Shepard mix, her white hair was completely grey...and I thought her eyes too...but with a bath..she is totally gorgeous. Though she is missing much of her back side hair from worms and itching..and a tummy bug that pretty much made her loose a lot of weight. She is 56 lbs and should be almost 70. What could I do...15 minutes before the vet closes...has apt for the other dog I couldn't find, 17 minutes away...and two dogs getting ready to lay flat on gravel like sitting ducks waiting to be shot, hurting and scared, whimpering to be saved....was it my responsibility...no, was it my problem, only if I wanted to sleep that night without regrets..and that is what I thought of....will I be able to sleep tonight knowing what I turned my back on. So I did it...called the vet and boarded them....They have been at the vets all weekend...had the total work up, spay and shots and a bath...and look what treasures that are waiting for someone to foster until adoption. NOW....I need one or two people to give these sweeties a few days to relax at someones home..they love outside..not sure if the collie would jump a small fence...if someone has a privacy fence or kennel they could board the dogs in for a little while...I have people who are willing to help..but no one can at the moment with dogs getting ready to transport, and everyone full. They are not happy at the vets...they don't know why they are there...they only get to be on leash for a few minutes outside and no running around playing..they were even separated in two compartments so they cant be together...but now that they are on the mend they can be..but its tight and dark in there...PLEASE help me...I know I was suppose to pick them up...help them and get them adopted...there is a wonderful home out there that I will find a match for.

I never saw this status update but I am so thankful that she didn't leave them their. Something was telling her to take them and that everything would be ok. We believe she is around 3 years old, so I have made her Birthday June 1, 2009 three years to the day she was rescued and in honor of the day her new life began.

Thank you so much Darlene. We all love what you do. You have a big heart. Zach, Kylie, and I are thankful for what you have done for her.


No comments:

Post a Comment