Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Trinity's Unexpected Vet Appointment

Last week I noticed that Trinity had been urinating much more that normaly. She wasn't asking to go out more often, but whenever she would go outside, she would pee 6 times within a few minuets. This was very odd for her usually she urinates once at a time.
"Mommy, stop counting how many times I pee!"

So, on Saturday while she was getting a mani/pedi, I made an appointment for her at the vets office. We were very lucky to get in on Monday, usually they are very busy in the afternoons. They asked me to get a urine sample to bring in the day of our appointment. It was surprisingly easy to get from her. I just put on my gloves, got an old container, and stuck my hand, you know where. The urine was very concentrated and cloudy which indicates a urinary tract infection. The office was very happy to know I had brought in the sample. I kind of figured she wouldn't pee for them at the office, she's such a princess.

"No not me. But I am very pretty!"

While in the office, she was nervous about everything. We had to weigh her, which she hates, we found out she gained some weight. In April she was 54lbs and now she's 60lbs! I couldn't believe it, she doesn't even look like she gained weight. She was upset when the vet tech had to take her temperature, she jumped on me while it was being taken. Then she didn't want anything to do with the vet. She ran from her, we had to crowed around her to stop her from running away. The vet said she saw some blood in the urine which is worrying. By the end of the appointment she was sitting on Zach's lap in the waiting area.

"But it was scary!"

Yesterday I got the call from the vet. The good news is that she has a normal white and red blood cell count and there is no protein which means the lime from March is gone, yay! But the urine showed a low acid count and she has some uric crystals in their, that means that it could just be from the infection or bladder stones. She's unsure of this at this time but she put her on antibiotics twice a day for 7 days, then we will get another urine sample a week after stopping the antibiotics to see if the crystals are still their. If they are still in her urine we will have to do a bladder x-ray. I hope that it is just from the urinary tract infection and she doesn't have any stones. But this has not been affecting her mood wise. She's still her happy, crazy puppy self!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Y'all,

    Hope you feel better really quickly!

    How y'all doin'? Just hoppin' by to see what y'all are doing. Hope y'all are enjoying a fantastic week.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Hawk! She's doing much better now that she's on the antibiotics.

      Delete