Monday, July 2, 2012

Trinity's Training: Week Four

What we learned this week.

A sit from a down

This involves getting your dog in a down position on their haunches then have them sit. We have done these before, so we pretty much just reviewed it.

Right turns

While heeling you make several turns some right and some left. We focused on right turns this week. They are easier for the dog because they have to go faster than you, which dogs like. We all lined up and made several right turns In a row Trinity did very well with this, she was more interested in the chicken than the other dogs around her.

Figure eights

In the ring you have two people standing facing each other and you have your dog heel around them. I get very confused with these and trinity has no idea what I'm doing. I have to practice these without her to get my footing right.

Right pivot turn

It's pretty much exactly what it sounds like. You and your dog pivot to the right while standing exactly in the same spot.

Trinity did really well this week. Even our instructor complimented her. I don't know if it was the extra walks or the chicken. My money is on the chicken. :)

2 comments:

  1. I have thought about training Chester and Gretel to know right and left. That way I could skijor with two weiner dogs. Ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up! It is great reading about her progress.

    ReplyDelete