Friday, May 18, 2012

High Energy Dogs and Why I Love Them

I love a high energy dog. I know, your probably asking your self, why? Well, the reason that is, is cause they are so eager to train. They want to be with you all the time and doing things with you. Having a high energy dog makes you get outside and play or take a walk. Plus, being high energy, they enjoy being with you. I love the fact that once Trinity gets really hyper it means it's time to go outside and play fetch or go for a nice long walk in the woods. Which means I exercise, which I do not enjoy doing unless it's fun for me and I think it's fun training her. I once told someone what type of dog she was (at least my best approximation) they said, "Wow, two hyper breeds." "Yes, she is hyper and we do a lot of things together to burn off her energy", I replied. I love to put her with my niece and nephew sometimes because she looks at them like, 'I don't know what your saying but it must be fun cause your really excited about it!' Which makes her excited therefor she runs around like a wild maniac.

"I so tired after running around all day."

So, my next dog needs to match Trinity's hyperactive personality. Plus I want to do agility with him/her because someone won't do it with me. I wonder who that could be??

1 comment:

  1. I definitely prefer a dog with a little less energy. ;) But you're right, it does get you out more often! Both our foster were relatively higher energy, Kylie who is a boxer mix is unreal in energy compared to my dogs. But she is also 1/3 of their age so I'm sure that matters. I'm hoping our next foster is over the age of two. =)

    ReplyDelete